Friday, September 23, 2011

12 Cup Muffin Pan


Do you like Yorkshire Pudding? It's one of our family's favorite treats. Nothing beats a roast in the slow-cooker, creamy mashed potatoes, and rich beef gravy, with a side of Sky-high Yorkshire puddings.
If you're like me, success is not always to be had when making this tricky side dish. One time you've got beautiful, fluffy Yorkshires, the next time they are flat and heavy. In the past, I have always made Yorkshire Pudding in metal muffin tins. I've tried warming the ingredients to room temperature, leaving the batter sit, heating the pans longer...you name it, I've tried it, but I still wasn't getting consistent results. Just what is the secret to a perfect, light and fluffy Yorkshire Pudding? The Pampered Chef 12-Cup Muffin Pan!

A guest at one of my Pampered Chef shows suggested I try using the 12-Cup Muffin Pan to get perfect results every time. And you know what? She was right!
I made Yorkshire Pudding and poured half of the batter into my standby metal muffin tins, which, by the way, are a real pain to clean afterwards, and I poured the other half of the mixture into my stone 12 Cup Muffin Pan. As you can see by the picture, the Yorkshire Pudding on the right which are in the Pampered Chef 12-Cup Muffin Pan are light, puffy and browning beautifully. The ones on the left, in my old metal muffin tins, are getting there, but they certainly don't have the pizzazz as the ones on the right. When I was done cooking (and eating) these scrumptious bits of goodness, the cleanup on the stoneware was a breeze! Just a little bit of hot water, the convenience of the small scraper that comes with each piece of Pampered Chef stoneware, and I was good to go. No more elbow grease or scrubbing pads will be needed whenever I make Yorkshire Puddings again!

No comments:

Post a Comment